Friday, 29 June 2012
Thursday, 28 June 2012
Tuesday, 26 June 2012
Monday, 25 June 2012
Saturday, 23 June 2012
<Variables string, rant, emotion, graphic>
Thought I might steam off today and see where that took me. Forgive me my indulgence but if it helps in any way I am glad.
I get, from time to time and increasing in frequency, requests to endorse people on sites or Facebook apps such as Branchout.
I have even received endorsements from people I have never met, yet alone worked with!
As a coach, I have to be trusted and my word is very much under scrutiny. If I don’t do what I say I am going to do, then why would a client want to work with me?
More importantly, I hold my clients to their word and I can’t do that if I don’t do or be what I say I am going to. If they promise to do something I will literally hold then to their word
Integrity with another human being is vital for a workable, yet successful, relationship. Even with machinery or technology if things are not kept within the integrity of the design they breakdown. Put simply:
broken integrity = breakdown = things don’t work
Strangely within communication, words only account for 7% of what is being communicated but when trust has been broken, more often or not people will will recite the words that were used … “But you said ….”
Again, what is more interesting, is the energy that is consumed by being out of integrity way exceeds any gain that has been made! People actually get physically sick when they are out of integrity with the intention of the communication or the design in their lives.
What was intended is usually framed in a box called Agreement.
Broken agreement = broken integrity = breakdown
And that’s why I am stressed today.
<start happy programme>
Friday, 22 June 2012
Thursday, 21 June 2012
PLEASE CONNECT in any way that suits you at
Pan European Social Media Initiative, inspiring businesses and entrepreneurs to leverage social media for growth and job creation as well as better integrating the public sector #da12social
See on xeeme.com
Monday, 18 June 2012
There are some extremely valid and searching questions in life and here are but a few and I suspect the most important!
AhaJokes.com Ponderings collection 01
Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have parking lots?
Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
How does the guy who drives the snowplough get to work in the mornings?
If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
Thanks to ahajokes.com
Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Number 10 is so true! I fully subscribe to numbers 11 and 18 – get me a coffee while I think about that!
|1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die! |
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realise you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighbourhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died..
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories..
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to..
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewellers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever…. Men only of course ladies!
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important. Ladies.....Quit Laughing.