Tuesday 13 December 2011

Daring compro-misery

I particularly liked the following quote because I don’t believe in compromise.
I am not saying that I won’t compromise but I do believe neither party finds compromise satisfactory (effectively both lose out). The answer comes in creating new options and then maybe the original requirements may fit or something even better.
One can only truly create from nothing, i.e. the unconscious state. Answers and ideas just occur when you allow them to do so. The courage to implement them comes from launching them without the platform of logic or reason and allowing these to follow on.

iStock_000016772711XSmall Jumping of hi board lower legs only
Whatever there be of progress in life comes not through adaptation but through daring, through obeying the blind urge.

Henry Miller
source various

No comments:

Post a Comment